Meal planning is a short term for taking your time to think and sketch out nutritious meals and snacks for a specified period. Once you have laid the framework for your diet plan, you can purchase the related ingredients for the specified meals on the menu scheme. A healthy eating plan gives your body the Read More »
What A 7-Day Diet Meal Plan Looks Like
Meal planning is a short term for taking your time to think and sketch out nutritious meals and snacks for a specified period. Once you have laid the framework for your diet plan, you can purchase the related ingredients for the specified meals on the menu scheme.
A healthy eating plan gives your body the nutrients it needs everyday while staying within your daily calorie goal for weight loss. It will significantly lower your risk of heart disease and other health conditions.
A healthy eating plan stresses mostly fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. It includes lean meats, poultry, fish, nuts, eggs, and beans. The diet plan limits saturated and trans-fats, sodium, and added sugars. It controls portion sizes.
So how would you go about planning calories? To lose weight, you need to reduce the number of calories you get from beverages and food and must increase your physical activity.
For example, if your goal is to lose 1-11/2 pounds on a weekly basis. You must reduce your daily intake to 500 to 700 calories.
Eating plans that contain 1,200 calories-1500 calories will help most women lose weight safely. Eating plans that contain 1,500-1,800 calories are suitable for men and women who weigh more or who exercise regularly. It is not advisable to use very low-calorie diets of fewer than 800 calories per day without being monitored by your doctor.
Health Benefits Of Structured Diet Meal Plans
With the busy lives that we live in planning ahead to have the right food choices at the right times can help you to stay focused and achieve your weight loss goals.Successful diet planning relies on nutrition knowledge, portion control, understanding food labels and calorie awareness.
Research studies have looked at whether structured daily diet plans and shopping lists or providing the actual food is more favorable than less structured guidance.
A US research study found that though calorie targets were similar for everyone in the study. People who followed the formal diet plan or who ate the actual food (that was provided to them based on a diet plan) lost more weight over six months (an average of 11.8 kg) than people using less formal guidance (8 kg loss).
- Structured meal plans encourage three regular meals per day
- Improve the nutrition of foods kept in the house
- Helps in effective meal planning
- Helps people to cope better with barrier situations for example what to eat at work, suitable snacks, proper family meals, and time constraints.
- Improves portion control
- Makes diary keeping easier
- Helps in balanced meal preparation and calorie reduction that promotes weight loss
- Diet plans enable flexibility within the diet. You can enjoy some favorite foods and meals to stay satisfied and in control.
How To Get Started With One-Week Healthy Plan
Healthy eating is about including whole food groups in your diet. But you can also go in for an occasional treat. Usually,we make a mistake of sketching the diet plans too strict and unrealistic. You should look at healthy eating as more of a lifestyle rather than a rigorous and restrictive diet regime. Always remember that moderation is the cornerstone of healthy eating.
If you stick to portion control, it results in successful weight loss. Avoid fizzy soda drinks and diet drinks. They contain artificial sweeteners and chemicals which make it harder for you to lose weight. Try to avoid processed foods, sauces and packet foods.
Have an idea of what you’re going to eat everyday. Write down a shopping list and stock your kitchen well with fresh goodies. Meal prep ahead to make the cooking easier. In case if you come home late, waiting for the rice to cook or peeling vegetables doesn’t seem so appealing.
You can prepare ahead by cooking up brown rice or quinoa. This action reduces your workload, so you will just need to toss it through stir fries, veggies or reheat in the microwave. You can bulk cook a large tray of mixed roast vegetables and use them in salads and curries for the next few days.
Separate out meals and place them in the freezer, so you have pre-prepared ready and healthy meals. This process also helps in portion control.
7-Day Healthy Eating Plan
- 1 cup ginger tea
- Oats cooked with organic skim or soy milk. Top up with sliced apples and garnish with walnuts.
- A handful of mixed nuts preferably Brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, cashew butter and peanuts.
- Baby spinach tossed with balsamic vinegar and Italian dried herbs that are free of salt. Top it up with a scoop of chilled red quinoa, cannellini beans, and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of organic honey on a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt, add some sliced bananas and top it off with shredded almonds.
- Sauté halved grape tomatoes, onion and chopped green bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil until slightly tender. Add chicken breast or organic tofu for extra flavor. Serve over whole wheat penne.
- Ginger tea has rich amounts of vitamin C. It fights stress and increases
- Oats contain a healthy soluble fiber called beta-glucan. Whole oats have a rich supply of antioxidants including
- Nuts: Brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, cashew butter and peanuts help in weight loss.
- Vitamins K and A are abundantly present in baby spinach. It is also a good source of
- Greek yogurt is a high protein dairy food when consumed in moderation helps it in weight loss.
- Chicken includes a good supply of protein content and is a major source of minerals and vitamins.
- 1 cup green tea
- White chia coconut pudding with plum fig compote.
- Chopped egg in a lettuce cup
- 100g tinned tuna salad with lemon olive oil dressing.
- A small orange
- Grilled lean steak with steamed sweet potato and a yogurt lemon dressing.
- Green tea increases metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Chia seeds: They are one of the most nutritious foods and are naturally free of gluten. Chia seeds are excellent sources of fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, proteins and various micronutrients.
- Egg: They areachiefsource ofhigh-quality The whites are rich sources of selenium,vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper.
- Tuna: It has very high levels of omega 3 fatty acids that boost heart health.
- Orange: They are anexcellent source of vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Lean steak: It is a rich source of iron which boosts the health of red blood cells.
- One whole wheat English muffin
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- One teaspoon fat-free cream cheese
- One small apple
- 1 cup tossed salad mix
- Spanish Tortilla
- One tablespoon fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- One slice reduced calorie oatmeal bran bread
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Simply sautéed spinach
- Shrimp with mango and basil
- One nectarine (medium)
- Whole wheat muffin: They are low in calories. They contain complex carbohydrates which provide long-lasting energy.
- Blueberries: They are rich sources of fiber, vitamin C,vitamin K and manganese and boost heart health.
- Blue cheese prevents cardiovascular disease, ischemia, and osteoporosis. It is rich in calcium and phosphorous.
- Quinoa: It is a protein rich food and has fiber content twice as other grains.
- Nectarine is rich in beta-carotene, and vitamin A. It is a good source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C.